Final touches are being made to the new Kurita America facility in Brooklyn Park, MN. The 156,000-square-foot production facility includes spaces for offices, labs, and training. The build-to-suit project was developed by Ryan Companies, with commercial interior design by PlanForce.
Under construction photos for the new 156,000 square foot Kurita Americas facility in Brooklyn Park, MN.
In approaching the industrial architecture for Kurita, the PlanForce team focused on several primary objectives:
- Improving efficiency by optimally utilizing the manufacturing space
- Recruiting next-generation engineering talent
- Maintaining the highest levels of safety
- Ensuring sustainability — to live Kurita’s brand values
- Creating a space that would support family, health, and a culture of wellbeing
Kurita America specializes in providing water solutions for industrial, commercial, and institutional facilities and municipal drinking water markets. The new building will consolidate Kurita’s three Minnesota facilities into one. After final furniture, A/V, and equipment installation, Kurita will take occupancy in January 2021.
Kurita America is the U.S. subsidiary of Japan-based Kurita Water Industries. Formerly known as U.S. Water Services, Kurita purchased the St. Michael-based company in 2019. At the time of the sale, U.S. Water Services also owned Plymouth-based Tonka Water and Fremont Industries of Shakopee.