Full time, Salaried plus Benefits
St. Louis Park, Minnesota
At PlanForce, we believe in the Power of Design to help people and businesses thrive. PlanForce Group is searching for a design architect to join our team of three-dimensional problem-solvers and passionate, results-focused designers. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to dive deep into the unique design challenges of our long-term clients, helping them transform business goals into extraordinary spaces. Ultimately, we are searching for a candidate who will grow into a strong leader within the firm.
- The design architect will work with clients and team members from conceptual design through construction administration. Roles include but are not limited to programming, design, code review, document coordination and material selections.
- Create design and construction documents from project conception through construction administration. Work with team members, coordinate documents, participate in construction administration and work through code and technical issues.
- Nurture relationships with PlanForce clients to become a trusted advisor and partner.
- Research, interpret, and apply building code standards in a variety of municipalities across Minnesota and the upper Midwest to help clients achieve their commercial real estate goals.
- Work with city officials and review boards to communicate the vision for projects and shepherd them through the entitlements process.
- Partner with external engineers and collaborating with small, internal project teams.
- Design skills for architecture and interior design
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree of architecture
- 3+ years applicable experience
- Strong portfolio of professional work — experience designing commercial kitchens and working with corporate brand standards is preferred
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Proven track record of strong leadership skills, including leading others with confidence and understanding
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and SketchUp
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and fast paced atmosphere
- Self-motivated, well organized and design-oriented
- Experience and skills in programming, space planning, conceptual design, design development, construction documentation and detailing on a wide variety of projects
PlanForce Group provides architectural and interior design services for commercial owners, developers and users in Minnesota and throughout the United States. We have a keen understanding of the development process and enjoy doing our part to design with lasting beauty, economy and safety. You will have seen our work in offices, restaurants, medical clinics, grocery stores, salons and spas, and manufacturing facilities. PlanForce is agile, and capable of responding and adjusting to exceed client needs and desires. PlanForce intends to build strong careers as we build strong communities. If PlanForce might fit with your career goals we hope to hear from you.
PlanForce offers a competitive salary and benefits package.