At PlanForce, we believe in the Power of Design to help people and businesses thrive. We are currently searching for the following roles:
Full time, Salaried plus Benefits
St. Louis Park, Minnesota
Our focus is on commercial business spaces: the offices, stores, restaurants, and factories where people plan, manufacture, sell, and use the stuff of life. And while our work intends to benefit our community through successful business, our focus remains on the people that use these places. We firmly believe that when people thrive, business success and a healthy community will follow.
As architects and interior designers, we are: insightful and resourceful; responsive and drama-free; detail-focused and results-oriented; and above all, we are passionate about design.
The Architect will be responsible for establishing, inspiring, and directing the comprehensive development of the design process. This includes all phases of many simultaneous projects located throughout the region. This person is a broadly educated thinker who is passionate about architecture as a discipline and a craft, has an expansive, generalist architectural perspective as well as a focused depth of knowledge in multiple building types, supplemented by a passion for innovation, technical excellence, and sustainable design practices.
PlanForce is employee-owned. We are a growing firm where all staff step up and contribute to the best of their ability. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to dive deep into the unique design challenges of our long-term clients, helping them transform business goals into extraordinary spaces. Ultimately, we are searching for a candidate who will grow into a strong leader within the firm.
- Create and develop overall design concepts and formulate design presentation strategies with an awareness of current trends, client needs and aspirations.
- Continually improve the quality of our work, the way we deliver it and the process we employ to complete it.
- Work closely with architects, interior designers, and technical designers across the firm to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy and facilitate its advancement.
- Work toward success in building, maintaining and growing client and strategic partner relationships.
- Develop collaborative relationships across the firm.
- Exercise broad knowledge of the project process including fee and team management, schedules, and budgets.
- Exhibit exceptional self-motivation, customer service orientation, communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Provide excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to become involved in and remain current on issues relating to several concurrent projects in various stages.
This position requires: flexibility to deal with many projects at one time; talent for tuning into detail when necessary while maintaining an awareness of the larger context; ability to deal with a variety of personalities; business acumen to negotiate with clients on behalf of the firm; capacity to maintain a working knowledge of changes in the marketplace, design trends, and governance requirements in jurisdictions where the firm performs.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited college or university
- Professional registered architect. NCARB registration a plus
- 3+ years of related experience, with a strong background in commercial office, industrial, retail, adaptive reuse, multi-unit housing, medical office
- Competent computer skills, including Autodesk, Revit, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, and rendering and 3D software
- High performer with low ego needs who is energetic, enthusiastic, committed, and entrepreneurial
- Strong conceptual thinker with the ability to create form in interiors and architecture and embrace sound business strategy as applied to effective projects
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- LEED and/or WELL accreditation is highly valued
PlanForce is a leader in the design of the built environment dedicated to transforming the human experience through the power of design. For more than 40 years, we have created places that support people to thrive. Our creative teams combine planning, architecture, interiors, branding solutions and program management to deliver truly integrated design. We are a diverse collection of inventive problem solvers united by a passion for great design.
PlanForce provides architectural and interior design services for commercial owners, developers, and users in Minnesota and throughout the United States. We have a keen understanding of the development process and enjoy doing our part to design with lasting beauty, economy and safety. You will have seen our work in offices, restaurants, medical clinics, grocery stores, salons and spas, and manufacturing facilities. PlanForce is agile, and capable of responding and adjusting to exceed client needs and desires. PlanForce intends to build strong careers as we build strong communities. If PlanForce might fit with your career goals we hope to hear from you.
PlanForce offers a competitive salary and benefits package.